Emeli Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emily:
English cognate of the Latin Aemilia, which is from Aemilius, an old Roman family name probably derived from aemulus (trying to equal or excel, rival).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emeli? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emeli
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emeli
- Comments and insights on the name Emeli
I prefer this way more than Emily or Emilly or whatever.
- Personal experiences with the name Emeli
My name is Emeli Renée and it barely ever gets pronounced wrong. Sometimes people will say ə-MEHL-ee.
- Nicknames for Emeli
- Meanings and history of the name Emeli
- Famous real-life people named Emeli
Emeli Sandé, famous singer
- Emeli in song, story & screen