Emelie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emily:
English cognate of the Latin Aemilia, which is from Aemilius, an old Roman family name probably derived from aemulus (trying to equal or excel, rival).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emelie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emelie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emelie
- Comments and insights on the name Emelie
- Personal experiences with the name Emelie
- Nicknames for Emelie
- Meanings and history of the name Emelie
- Famous real-life people named Emelie
- Emelie in song, story & screen