Emila Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emily:
English cognate of the Latin Aemilia, which is from Aemilius, an old Roman family name probably derived from aemulus (trying to equal or excel, rival).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emila? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emila
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emila
- Comments and insights on the name Emila
- Personal experiences with the name Emila
- Nicknames for Emila
- Meanings and history of the name Emila
Means eagerness and perserverance, french variation of Emily or Amelia
- Famous real-life people named Emila
- Emila in song, story & screen