Esmee Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Esme:
Derived from the French esmé (loved), the past participle of the verb esmer (to love). Alternatively, some believe the name to be a variant of Aimé (beloved).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Esmee? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Esmee
Contribute your knowledge to the name Esmee
- Comments and insights on the name Esmee
variant of Esmé
- Personal experiences with the name Esmee
- Nicknames for Esmee
- Meanings and history of the name Esmee
An Old French variant of the Latin aestimatus meaning esteemed, or amatus meaning loved.
Emerald (Greek and Spanish Origin)
- Famous real-life people named Esmee
Esmee van Kampen, Dutch TV and movie actress
Esmee Denters, Singer
- Esmee in song, story & screen