Esty Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Esther:
Popular name of debated origin and meaning. Some believe it to be the Persian translation of the Hebrew name Hadassah (myrtle); others think it is derived from the Persian stara (star). It has also been suggested that it derived from the Babylonian Ishtar, the name of a goddess of love and fertility. The name is borne in the Bible by the Jewish wife of the Persian king Ahasuerus.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Esty? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Esty
Contribute your knowledge to the name Esty
- Comments and insights on the name Esty
- Personal experiences with the name Esty
- Nicknames for Esty
- Meanings and history of the name Esty
Hebrew nickname for Esther
- Famous real-life people named Esty
- Esty in song, story & screen