Evan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Evan:
An Anglicized form of the Gaelic Eóghan (youth). Var: Evin, Evyn.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Evan? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Evan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Evan
- Comments and insights on the name Evan
- Personal experiences with the name Evan
- Nicknames for Evan
Ev, Evy, Eva, An, Anna, Annie
- Meanings and history of the name Evan
Evan is the Anglicized form of the Welsh name Iefan, a form of John.
- Famous real-life people named Evan
Evan Rachel Wood, an American actress
Evan Jane Heder (b. 2007), daughter of American actor and producer Jon Heder
- Evan in song, story & screen