Evangelia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Evangeline:
Coined from the Latin evangelium (good news, the Gospel).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Evangelia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Evangelia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Evangelia
- Comments and insights on the name Evangelia
This is a common name in the Greek-speaking world, pronounced ev-ahn-ghel-EE-ah. It is derived from the Greek words "eu" meaning "good" and "angelma" meaning "news". Many Evangelias are nicknamed Eva or Angela.
- Personal experiences with the name Evangelia
My paternal Greek grandmother was named Evangelia, but she was known to everyone as Helen.
- Nicknames for Evangelia
Eva, Angela, Angie, Lia, Evie
- Meanings and history of the name Evangelia
From the Latin meaning: The Gospel; good news. Popular given name in orthodox Greek families.
- Famous real-life people named Evangelia
- Evangelia in song, story & screen