Fatoumata Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Fatima:
Derived from the Arabic fātima (she who weans an infant; she who abstains from forbidden things). The name was borne by Fatima bint-Muhammad (c.606 - 32), the Prophet's favorite daughter and progenitor of the Fatimid dynasty.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Fatoumata? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Fatoumata
Contribute your knowledge to the name Fatoumata
- Comments and insights on the name Fatoumata
- Personal experiences with the name Fatoumata
- Nicknames for Fatoumata
- Meanings and history of the name Fatoumata
- Famous real-life people named Fatoumata
- Fatoumata in song, story & screen