Fay Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Fay:
Thought to be derived from the Middle English faie (fairy), which is from the Old French feie (fairy). Var: Fae, Faye. Dim: Fayette.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Fay? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Fay
Contribute your knowledge to the name Fay
- Comments and insights on the name Fay
- Personal experiences with the name Fay
- Nicknames for Fay
Variation spellings: Faye, Fey, Feye, Fai, Fei
- Meanings and history of the name Fay
- Famous real-life people named Fay
Fay Wray, actress in King Kong
Tina Fay- American Actress
- Fay in song, story & screen