Febe Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Phoebe:
Feminine form of the Greek Phoibos (bright one), which is derived from phoibos (bright). Phoebe is found in Greek mythology as a name for Artemis, the goddess of the moon. In poetry, Phoebe is the moon personified.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Febe? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Febe
Contribute your knowledge to the name Febe
- Comments and insights on the name Febe
form of Phoebe used in Catalan, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Personal experiences with the name Febe
- Nicknames for Febe
- Meanings and history of the name Febe
- Famous real-life people named Febe
- Febe in song, story & screen