Fedora Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Theodora:
Derived from the Greek Theodōra (God's gift), a compound name composed of the elements theos (God) and dōron (gift).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Fedora? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Fedora
Contribute your knowledge to the name Fedora
- Comments and insights on the name Fedora
Fedora is a computer operating system.
- Personal experiences with the name Fedora
- Nicknames for Fedora
- Meanings and history of the name Fedora
Russian form of Theodora.
- Famous real-life people named Fedora
- Fedora in song, story & screen
Fédora, a play by the French author Victorien Sardou. The heroine, Fédora Romanoff, wore a center-creased, soft brimmed hat which became a popular fashion.
Fedora, an Umberto Giordano opera based on the Sardou play.