Gael Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gail:
Originally a short form of the biblical Abigail (father of exaltation), it is now commonly used as an independent given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gael? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gael
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gael
- Comments and insights on the name Gael
Pronounced the same as Gayle, Gail or gale.
Gael, Gale and Gela are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Gael
- Nicknames for Gael
- Meanings and history of the name Gael
My mother was given this name by her parents to honor their Gaelic/Celtic heritage. They were both children of Scottish and/or Scotch-Irish imigrants.
- Famous real-life people named Gael
- Gael in song, story & screen