Geertruida Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gertrude:
Derived from the Old High German Geretrudis, a compound name composed of the elements ger (spear) and trut (maiden, dear) or þruþ (strength). The name Gertrude was introduced to England in the Middle Ages by German immigrants.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Geertruida
Contribute your knowledge to the name Geertruida
- Comments and insights on the name Geertruida
- Personal experiences with the name Geertruida
- Nicknames for Geertruida
- Meanings and history of the name Geertruida
Dutch name meaning spear maiden
- Famous real-life people named Geertruida
- Geertruida in song, story & screen