Genevra Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Geneva:
Of disputed origin, Geneva might be a borrowing of the name of a city and lake in Switzerland, which is derived from the Old French genevre (juniper berry). Alternatively, it might have originated as a diminutive form of Genevieve.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Genevra? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Genevra
Contribute your knowledge to the name Genevra
- Comments and insights on the name Genevra
- Personal experiences with the name Genevra
- Nicknames for Genevra
Gen, Genny, Neeve, Evra, Ginny
- Meanings and history of the name Genevra
Variant of Ginevra.
- Famous real-life people named Genevra
- Genevra in song, story & screen
"Sonnet – to Genevra", a sonnet by Lord Byron.
Genevra is the name of the character better known as Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling.