Gennifer Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gennifer:
Cornish derivation of Guinevere, which is from the Welsh Gwenhwyfar (fair lady). Until the 20th century, Jennifer was largely a regional name. Now, however, it has become one of the most popular names in the English-speaking world.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gennifer? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gennifer
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gennifer
- Comments and insights on the name Gennifer
- Personal experiences with the name Gennifer
its my own
- Nicknames for Gennifer
- Meanings and history of the name Gennifer
- Famous real-life people named Gennifer
- Gennifer in song, story & screen