Genoveffa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Genevieve:
Derived from the Gaulish Genovefa, a name with Celtic roots but the meaning of which is uncertain. The first element is believed to be from genos (race, people, tribe); the second is possibly from an element meaning "woman." Its alteration in the translation from the Celtic to the French seems to be the cause of the confusion.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Genoveffa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Genoveffa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Genoveffa
- Comments and insights on the name Genoveffa
- Personal experiences with the name Genoveffa
- Nicknames for Genoveffa
- Meanings and history of the name Genoveffa
This is the Italian form of Genevieve/Jennifer.
- Famous real-life people named Genoveffa
- Genoveffa in song, story & screen
La Leggenda di Genoveffa, 1952 Italian film