Genowefa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Genevieve:
Derived from the Gaulish Genovefa, a name with Celtic roots but the meaning of which is uncertain. The first element is believed to be from genos (race, people, tribe); the second is possibly from an element meaning "woman." Its alteration in the translation from the Celtic to the French seems to be the cause of the confusion.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Genowefa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Genowefa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Genowefa
- Comments and insights on the name Genowefa
Polish form of Genevieve
- Personal experiences with the name Genowefa
- Nicknames for Genowefa
- Meanings and history of the name Genowefa
- Famous real-life people named Genowefa
- Genowefa in song, story & screen