Geraldean Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Geraldine:
Feminine form of Gerald, derived from the Germanic Gerward, a compound name composed from the elements ger (a spear) and wald (rule): hence, "spear ruler, to rule with a spear."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Geraldean? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Geraldean
Contribute your knowledge to the name Geraldean
- Comments and insights on the name Geraldean
- Personal experiences with the name Geraldean
- Nicknames for Geraldean
- Meanings and history of the name Geraldean
Means "mighty with a spear"
- Famous real-life people named Geraldean
- Geraldean in song, story & screen