Ghislaine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Giselle:
A German name derived from gisil (to owe, a pledge, a mutual obligation). It was a practice in the early Middle Ages for rival factions to offer a person, often a child, to each other as a pledge of peace.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ghislaine? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ghislaine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ghislaine
- Comments and insights on the name Ghislaine
- Personal experiences with the name Ghislaine
- Nicknames for Ghislaine
- Meanings and history of the name Ghislaine
A fairly common French name meaning "a pledge" or "an oath"
- Famous real-life people named Ghislaine
Princess Ghislaine of Monaco
- Ghislaine in song, story & screen
Ghislaine Blackbeack, member of the Thirteen from Sarah J. Maas's Throne of Glass Series