Giachetta Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Giachetta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Giachetta
- Comments and insights on the name Giachetta
- Personal experiences with the name Giachetta
- Nicknames for Giachetta
- Meanings and history of the name Giachetta
Italian name that coresponds to the French/English name Jacqueline (Jacklyn, Jacquelyn, ect.). It comes from the boy's name Giacomo, the Italian form of Iacomus, which is a late Latin form of Jacob and gave us the name James. The meaning of Giachetta (and all the other names mentioned) is "supplanter" (one who takes the place of another) or "seizing by the heel" or possible, "May God protect." These meanings come from the Biblical story of Jacob, who came from the womb grasping at his twin's heel and took his brother's place as the rightful recipient of Isaac's inheritance.
- Famous real-life people named Giachetta
- Giachetta in song, story & screen