Giada Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Giada? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Giada
- Italian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Italy
- Swiss Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Switzerland (Italian)
- Italian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Italy, 2010
- Swiss Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Switzerland (Italian), 2010
- Italian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Italy 2011
Contribute your knowledge to the name Giada
- Comments and insights on the name Giada
I named my daughter, who was born April 10th, 2008 Giada Ana. The proper pronunciation is jah-duh, but like the previous poster said, everyone struggles with it, which is frustrating.
- Personal experiences with the name Giada
I am thinking of naming my first daughter Giada because it's beautiful and uncommon. I am not sure which pronunciation to use. Either (ja-dah) or (jee-a-dah).
Hi,I just named my daughter Giada Vianne. And the proper pronounciation is jah-dah. Sometimes the announcers on foodnetwork say it incorrectly (probably because they are just reading the cues), luckily everyone on Giada's D.'s show says it correctly. To hear it pronounced go here: http://forvo.com/word/giada/
One warning though ... everyone I have told her name to, always either asks twice or fumbles it a couple times. So be patient with them ... I still love the name!!
Hi!, My first daughter was born January 2009...and I named her Giada!, I love the name because it's so unique and uncommon..and like the person who commented before..it is pronounced jah-dah...and people do fumble it alot...but thats ok!, they learn eventually :)
Our Daughter was born on 3/9/09 and we named her Giada Divina (Jade of God). We too use the Italian Pronuciation of Ja-dah. We started with both Jee-a-dah and Ja-dah for the first 2 months but prefered Ja-dah and let everyone know. They all act like it is something in a strange foreign language and still have issues. Espcecially since she was born in Virginia. We have moved back to Upstare NY where there are many more Italians so it is accepted.
- Nicknames for Giada
- Meanings and history of the name Giada
Means Jade in Italian
- Famous real-life people named Giada
Giada De Laurentiis, celebrity chef on the Food Network
- Giada in song, story & screen