Giannetta Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gianna:
Popular Italian contracted form of Giovanna (God is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Giannetta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Giannetta
- Comments and insights on the name Giannetta
It sounds kind of Italian, and is very graceful and glamerous.
- Personal experiences with the name Giannetta
- Nicknames for Giannetta
Gia, Gianni, netta, etta
- Meanings and history of the name Giannetta
Has the same meaning as Gianna
- Famous real-life people named Giannetta
- Giannetta in song, story & screen
Gianetta is the name of one of the girls in "The Gondoliers", the last opera written by Gilbert and Sullivan. The play opened in 1889 at the savoy theatre and was a satire of the snobbery of class distinctions.
It is also the name of the heroine in a book written by Mary Stewart called "Wilfire at Midnight" a mystery novel written in the 1950's and set on the Scottish Isle of Skye.