Giordana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jordana:
Derived from the Hebrew yarden (to flow down, descend). The name was originally used in the Middle Ages for a child baptized in holy water said to be from the river Jordan.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Giordana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Giordana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Giordana
- Comments and insights on the name Giordana
This name is pronounced "Jor-dah-na" or "Jhor-dah-na," not "Jee-or-dah-na."
Feminization of Giordano, which is the Italian version of Jordan, and it means "to descend or flow down."
- Personal experiences with the name Giordana
- Nicknames for Giordana
- Meanings and history of the name Giordana
Italian form of Jordana
- Famous real-life people named Giordana
- Giordana in song, story & screen