Giuditta Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Judith:
Cognate of the Hebrew Jehudith and Yehudit, which are feminine forms of Jehuda and Yehudhah. These names, Anglicized as Judah, mean "he will be praised." Because Judah was also the name of a kingdom in ancient Palestine, the name can also mean "from Judah."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Giuditta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Giuditta
- Comments and insights on the name Giuditta
This is the Italian version of Judith. It is an uncommon name because Italians tend to avoid using Old Testament names.
- Personal experiences with the name Giuditta
- Nicknames for Giuditta
- Meanings and history of the name Giuditta
- Famous real-life people named Giuditta
- Giuditta in song, story & screen
Giuditta, an operatic musical comedy