Glynis Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Glynis:
Modern coinage that originated in Wales and is probably derived from glân (pure, holy). There is some speculation, however, that it is an elaboration of Glenna (mountain valley).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Glynis? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Glynis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Glynis
- Comments and insights on the name Glynis
- Personal experiences with the name Glynis
- Nicknames for Glynis
- Meanings and history of the name Glynis
- Famous real-life people named Glynis
Glyis Johns and Glynis Barbour
- Glynis in song, story & screen
Glynis Barbour (Barber?)
"Glynis" is a song by The Smashing Pumpkins