Golde Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Golda:
Derived from the vocabulary word gold which denotes a precious metal used in jewelry making and currency.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Golde
Contribute your knowledge to the name Golde
- Comments and insights on the name Golde
Golde is the YIVO Yiddish spelling of the name Golda, meaning gold. It is pronounced the same way: GOL-dƏ. This name has been very uncommon, and, as of 2016, no more than 4 girls a year have been given this name in the USA since the mid-1910s (which was also the peak for the variant Golda).
- Personal experiences with the name Golde
- Nicknames for Golde
- Meanings and history of the name Golde
- Famous real-life people named Golde
- Golde in song, story & screen
Golde was the name of the matriarch (Tevye's wife) in the musical Fiddler on the Roof