Gwenda Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gwendolyn:
English variant of the Welsh Gwendolen (fair-browed), a compound name composed of the elements gwen, gwyn (white, fair, blessed) and dolen (brows, eyebrows).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gwenda? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gwenda
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gwenda
- Comments and insights on the name Gwenda
- Personal experiences with the name Gwenda
- Nicknames for Gwenda
- Meanings and history of the name Gwenda
Derived from the Welsh elements gwen "white, fair, blessed" and da "good".
- Famous real-life people named Gwenda
- Gwenda in song, story & screen