Gwenhwyfar Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gwenhwyfar? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gwenhwyfar
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gwenhwyfar
- Comments and insights on the name Gwenhwyfar
Welsh/Gaelic. Original spelling of Guinevere.
Irish alternative also meaning "the fair one": Findabhair (finn-a-veer)
- Personal experiences with the name Gwenhwyfar
- Nicknames for Gwenhwyfar
- Meanings and history of the name Gwenhwyfar
The fair one.
- Famous real-life people named Gwenhwyfar
- Gwenhwyfar in song, story & screen
Gwenhwyfar is a character in the Arthurian novel The Mists of Avalon, by Marion Zimmer Bradley