Gwyndolyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gwendolyn:
English variant of the Welsh Gwendolen (fair-browed), a compound name composed of the elements gwen, gwyn (white, fair, blessed) and dolen (brows, eyebrows).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gwyndolyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gwyndolyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gwyndolyn
- Comments and insights on the name Gwyndolyn
I prefer the way the shorter version, 'Gwyn,' looks in contrast to the more common 'Gwen.'
- Personal experiences with the name Gwyndolyn
- Nicknames for Gwyndolyn
- Meanings and history of the name Gwyndolyn
- Famous real-life people named Gwyndolyn
- Gwyndolyn in song, story & screen