Gwyneth Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gwyneth:
English variant of the Welch Gwynaeth, a name derived from gwen, gwyn (white, fair, blessed).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gwyneth? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gwyneth
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gwyneth
- Comments and insights on the name Gwyneth
- Personal experiences with the name Gwyneth
- Nicknames for Gwyneth
Gwen, Gwyn, Wynnie, Winnie, Gwynnie
- Meanings and history of the name Gwyneth
- Famous real-life people named Gwyneth
Gwyneth Paltrow, American actress
- Gwyneth in song, story & screen
"Bugeilio'r Gwenith Gwyn" (English: Watching the White Wheat) is an 18th-century traditional Welsh love song.