Hailey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hayley:
Transferred use of a Northern English surname derived from Hale or Hales (residing in a nook, recess, or remote valley). It has also been suggested that Hayley derives from the place-name Hailey, which is composed of the Old English elements hēg (hay) and lēah (wood, clearing, meadow).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Hailey? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Hailey
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Alberta) 2014
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Alberta), 2010
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Alberta) for 2012
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Saskatchewan) for 2012
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium (Flanders) 2012
- Dutch Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in The Netherlands
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hailey
- Comments and insights on the name Hailey
- Personal experiences with the name Hailey
- Nicknames for Hailey
- Meanings and history of the name Hailey
From the English place name and surname Hayley, meaning a hay field.
Hailey can also be linked to the Old English word "hæeþ" meaning hero or warrior.
- Famous real-life people named Hailey
Hailey Clauson - American supermodel
- Hailey in song, story & screen
Aquamarine (Book and Movie)
Hayley Smith, American Dad
"Lost in Reality" by 5 Seconds of Summer