Halle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Halle:
Transferred use of the English surname meaning "dweller at the hall meadow." The name is derived from the Old English elements heall (hall, gathering place) and lēah (wood, meadow, clearing). Var: Halley, Hallie, Hally.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Halle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Halle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Halle
- Comments and insights on the name Halle
- Personal experiences with the name Halle
- Nicknames for Halle
berry (as in halle berry)
- Meanings and history of the name Halle
- Famous real-life people named Halle
Halle Berry, actress
- Halle in song, story & screen