Halliwell Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hallie:
Transferred use of the English surname meaning "dweller at the hall meadow." The name is derived from the Old English elements heall (hall, gathering place) and lēah (wood, meadow, clearing).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Halliwell? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Halliwell
Contribute your knowledge to the name Halliwell
- Comments and insights on the name Halliwell
- Personal experiences with the name Halliwell
- Nicknames for Halliwell
- Meanings and history of the name Halliwell
- Famous real-life people named Halliwell
- Halliwell in song, story & screen
The Halliwell sisters from TV's Charmed.