Hanneli Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hannah:
Derived from the Hebrew hannāh, chaanach (gracious, full of grace, mercy). The name, borne in the Bible by the mother of the prophet Samuel, received a boost in popularity by the Puritans, who favored Bible names.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Hanneli? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Hanneli
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hanneli
- Comments and insights on the name Hanneli
- Personal experiences with the name Hanneli
- Nicknames for Hanneli
- Meanings and history of the name Hanneli
Norwegian pet form of Hannah or a German/Swiss combination of Hannah and Elizabeth.
- Famous real-life people named Hanneli
Hanneli Goslar, German Holocaust survivor and childhood friend of Anne Frank.
Hanneli Mustaparta, Norwegian Model and Photographer.
- Hanneli in song, story & screen