Hannya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hanna:
Derived from the Hebrew hannāh, chaanach (gracious, full of grace, mercy). The name, borne in the Bible by the mother of the prophet Samuel, received a boost in popularity by the Puritans, who favored Bible names.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Hannya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hannya
- Comments and insights on the name Hannya
This is a pretty unique name and is really beautiful too.
- Personal experiences with the name Hannya
- Nicknames for Hannya
- Meanings and history of the name Hannya
The Hannya mask is a mask used in Noh theater, representing a jealous female demon. It possesses two sharp bull-like horns, metallic eyes, and a leering mouth.
- Famous real-life people named Hannya
- Hannya in song, story & screen