Hawa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eve:
Derived from the Hebrew Chava (life), which is from hawwah (life). The name is borne in the Bible by the first woman, "the mother of all the living."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Hawa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Hawa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hawa
- Comments and insights on the name Hawa
- Personal experiences with the name Hawa
- Nicknames for Hawa
- Meanings and history of the name Hawa
Arabic form of Eve
- Famous real-life people named Hawa
- Hawa in song, story & screen