Heleena Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Helena:
Cognate of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the root ēlē (light, torch, bright). The name is borne in Greek legend by the beautiful wife of the king of Sparta. Her abduction by the Trojan prince Paris sparked off the Trojan War.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Heleena? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Heleena
Contribute your knowledge to the name Heleena
- Comments and insights on the name Heleena
- Personal experiences with the name Heleena
It's my name, and i love it. It's very unique
- Nicknames for Heleena
Leena and Helly
- Meanings and history of the name Heleena
The original spelling is Helina. It's a Russian name that means Light from the sun.
- Famous real-life people named Heleena
- Heleena in song, story & screen