Heleentje Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Helen:
Cognate of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the root ēlē (light, torch, bright). The name is borne in Greek legend by the beautiful wife of the king of Sparta. Her abduction by the Trojan prince Paris sparked off the Trojan War.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Heleentje? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Heleentje
Contribute your knowledge to the name Heleentje
- Comments and insights on the name Heleentje
Dutch pet form of Helen
- Personal experiences with the name Heleentje
- Nicknames for Heleentje
- Meanings and history of the name Heleentje
- Famous real-life people named Heleentje
- Heleentje in song, story & screen