Helyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Helen:
Cognate of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the root ēlē (light, torch, bright). The name is borne in Greek legend by the beautiful wife of the king of Sparta. Her abduction by the Trojan prince Paris sparked off the Trojan War.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Helyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Helyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Helyn
- Comments and insights on the name Helyn
Appeared on the SSA Top 1000 list several times between 1912 and 1920.
- Personal experiences with the name Helyn
- Nicknames for Helyn
- Meanings and history of the name Helyn
- Famous real-life people named Helyn
- Helyn in song, story & screen