Herta Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Herta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Herta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Herta
- Comments and insights on the name Herta
- Personal experiences with the name Herta
- Nicknames for Herta
- Meanings and history of the name Herta
Derived from Nerthus the Norse goddess of fertility.
Pronounced: HER-tah in English, HAIR-tah in German
- Famous real-life people named Herta
Herta Müller, Romanian-born German novelist and poet. 2009 winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature.
Herta Ware, American actress, best known for her role as Rosie Lefkowitz in "Cocoon", and wife of actor Will Geer.
- Herta in song, story & screen