Idabelle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ida:
Of Germanic origin, Ida is derived from the element īd (work, labor). The name, introduced to England by the Normans, died out toward the end of the 14th century, but was revived in the 19th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Idabelle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Idabelle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Idabelle
- Comments and insights on the name Idabelle
- Personal experiences with the name Idabelle
- Nicknames for Idabelle
- Meanings and history of the name Idabelle
A combination of Ida with the popular -belle ending, most common in the first 3 decades of the 20th Century.
- Famous real-life people named Idabelle
- Idabelle in song, story & screen