Idalis Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ida:
Of Germanic origin, Ida is derived from the element īd (work, labor). The name, introduced to England by the Normans, died out toward the end of the 14th century, but was revived in the 19th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Idalis? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Idalis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Idalis
- Comments and insights on the name Idalis
- Personal experiences with the name Idalis
- Nicknames for Idalis
Ida, Lissy, Dallas
- Meanings and history of the name Idalis
English: Origins are unclear, but Idalis may be either a variant of Adelle or Alise, or possibly a blend of Ida and Alise
- Famous real-life people named Idalis
- Idalis in song, story & screen