Iezabel Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Iezabel? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Iezabel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Iezabel
- Comments and insights on the name Iezabel
- Personal experiences with the name Iezabel
- Nicknames for Iezabel
Ieza, Iezi, Izi, Bel, Belle, Bella, ZaZa, Zara
- Meanings and history of the name Iezabel
Iezabel is the Greek form of Hebrew Iyzebel ("Ba'al Exalts," "Unchaste," or "Without Cohabitation"), though known to mean, "Chaste; Intact." In the Bible, this is actually the name of the cruel wife of King Ahab. Consequently, she was eaten by dogs, as prophesied by Elijah.
- Famous real-life people named Iezabel
- Iezabel in song, story & screen