Ilean Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eileen:
English variant of the French Aveline, a name derived from the Germanic Avila, which is thought to be a Latinate form of Aveza, a name ultimately of uncertain meaning. Alternatively, Eileen is an Anglicized form of the Irish Eibhlín, a cognate of Evelyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Ilean
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ilean
- Comments and insights on the name Ilean
- Personal experiences with the name Ilean
My girlfriends name like her grandmother before her.
- Nicknames for Ilean
- Meanings and history of the name Ilean
- Famous real-life people named Ilean
- Ilean in song, story & screen