Ileen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eileen:
English variant of the French Aveline, a name derived from the Germanic Avila, which is thought to be a Latinate form of Aveza, a name ultimately of uncertain meaning. Alternatively, Eileen is an Anglicized form of the Irish Eibhlín, a cognate of Evelyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ileen? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ileen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ileen
- Comments and insights on the name Ileen
- Personal experiences with the name Ileen
- Nicknames for Ileen
- Meanings and history of the name Ileen
- Famous real-life people named Ileen
Ileen Getz, actress
- Ileen in song, story & screen