Imogyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Imogen:
Of uncertain origin and meaning, Imogen was first recorded as the name of the heroine in Shakespeare's play Cymbeline. The name is thought to be a misprint of Raphael Holinshed's Innogen, a Celtic name supposedly derived from the Gaelic inghean (girl, maiden).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Imogyn ? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Imogyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Imogyn
- Comments and insights on the name Imogyn
Modern Variant of Imogen.
- Personal experiences with the name Imogyn
- Nicknames for Imogyn
- Meanings and history of the name Imogyn
- Famous real-life people named Imogyn
- Imogyn in song, story & screen