Inessa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Agnes:
Derived from the Greek Hagnē, which is from hagnos (chaste, pure, sacred). The name was borne by a thirteen-year-old Roman martyred for her Christian beliefs during the reign of the Roman emperor Diocletian
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Inessa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Inessa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Inessa
- Comments and insights on the name Inessa
- Personal experiences with the name Inessa
- Nicknames for Inessa
- Meanings and history of the name Inessa
Inessa is a Russian name meaning 'chaste'. It is a derivative of Agnes or Inés.
- Famous real-life people named Inessa
- Inessa in song, story & screen