Innogen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Imogen:
Of uncertain origin and meaning, Imogen was first recorded as the name of the heroine in Shakespeare's play Cymbeline. The name is thought to be a misprint of Raphael Holinshed's Innogen, a Celtic name supposedly derived from the Gaelic inghean (girl, maiden).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Innogen? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Innogen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Innogen
- Comments and insights on the name Innogen
- Personal experiences with the name Innogen
- Nicknames for Innogen
- Meanings and history of the name Innogen
Innogen is derived from the Gaelic word 'inghean' meaning 'girl' or 'maiden.'
More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innogen
- Famous real-life people named Innogen
- Innogen in song, story & screen