Iren Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Irene:
Derived from the Greek Eirēnē, which is from eirēnē (peace). The name is borne in Greek mythology by the goddess of peace, the daughter of Zeus and Themis.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Iren? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Iren
Contribute your knowledge to the name Iren
- Comments and insights on the name Iren
A Scandinavian, Bulgarian and Hungarian variation on "Irene".
- Personal experiences with the name Iren
- Nicknames for Iren
- Meanings and history of the name Iren
- Famous real-life people named Iren
Iren Ivantcheva, Bulgarian literary historian and critic
Iren Marik, Hungarian pianist
Iren Reppen, Norwegian actress
Irén Rostás, Norwegian orienteering competitor
- Iren in song, story & screen