Iseabail Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Isabel:
A Spanish variant of Elizabeth, which is from the Hebrew elīsheba' (God is my oath).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Iseabail? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Iseabail
Contribute your knowledge to the name Iseabail
- Comments and insights on the name Iseabail
- Personal experiences with the name Iseabail
- Nicknames for Iseabail
- Meanings and history of the name Iseabail
"Iseabel" is used in Gaelic and English speaking countries-- The Scottish feminine form of "Isabel." Which in turn is the Medieval Provençal form of "Elizabeth." Thought to have a Hebrew origin, meaning "My God Is A Vow."
- Famous real-life people named Iseabail
Iseabail Ní Mheic Cailéin-- Gaelic noblewoman and poet.
- Iseabail in song, story & screen